Friday 5 July 2013

PRIDE COMES BEFORE A FALL



Well Kenyatta University was not a bad place to be. It taught me a lot of things concerning life, school, and working and not to forget how to hustle. It is not easy for an individual to wake up one day and see all the things they hoped for crumple right in front of their eyes. As they say sometimes karma is a bitch. Kenyatta University played this tune of life daily. Though not only on me but to other people as well. It is a valuable thing I learnt and I want to share it with my friends today.

I was woken up today. I am not used to that. Yeah, an alarm clock is fine to wake me up but not a phone call. So after I sought out whatever it is I was told to I went back to bed. I wake up an hour later. A few minutes later, I break the handle of the toilet and now I am stuck with a functionless toilet handle. An hour passes by and I decide to take a shower, a few minutes later, I find myself on the floor. As if the day couldn’t get any worse.

It has been a few hours since the incidences and between them and now, I have lost a lot. Plans made have just been flushed down the damn broken toilet. The heart aches so does my back and my right leg. 

Promises have been broken since then. The promises we make should mean something to you. Don’t say them just because you can. It started like a bad day. It was a bad day. Sometimes I don’t take things lightly. So much broken things and hurting bones I should have read the signs.
You may say or call me superstitious but to some extent I am. I am not going to deny that. It is what makes me know when I am about to lose and what I am about to gain. Today hurting bones and broken toilets and basins are just a reminder that I have lost more than some small replaceable things.

It gives the meaning to an inability to forgive. I think I may never forgive again. I think I am done with forgiveness. Sometimes, just being too forgiving is not the best thing at all for us. Yeah, the bible says we forgive seventy seven times seven times but I think this time I shouldn’t forgive because it is not going to be straight forward for me for a few days or weeks or months or even years.

I might have some aching body parts but your friends shouldn’t make it hard for you to be friends with them. Pride comes before a fall, so when making promises be sure that you are going to be keeping them.
Unconditional love or forgiveness is what I have been practicing. The positive and negative results cannot compare. Negative outweigh the positive. Sticking to those who matter the most may be good but they turn on you faster than you think. Success at times can make a person proud and feel like they own the world, feel like they can walk all over other people, make one feel like breaking promises is something they can just do without consequence or feel like they can just chew people up and spit them whenever the can. 

A little money does not make it alright to hurt people. There are times we as humans make the mistake that cannot be reversed and when we do we forget that it is us who bare those consequences that come with those mistakes. I am carrying my own cross as we speak; I hope when your time comes you will not want to dump it on someone. Always remember that money, pride do not make a person any greater, it is what leads to most of the mistakes you make in your life. 

I am grateful that whatever mistakes I made because I was proud taught me that pride comes before a fall. The last thing you would want is that kind of learning. It hurts because it is when you really have to admit to yourself that you are not all knowing or so bright after all.That is hard to admit trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment