Tuesday 17 September 2013

INFORMATION IS POWER



It has been a while since I sat down and wrote about something special. I have been too busy mopping around wishing for something good to come out of the worst situation I have ever been into but I have come to realize I have been doing nothing to get out of the mess.

I will always wake up each morning and look at myself in the mirror and say that this day is going to be a beautiful day. It is called exercising gratitude. We have all had a rough patch at some point in our lives. It comes a point where you feel like you have lost hope. Lost everything that matters in your life but the funny thing are that he best is yet to come. 

As I write this I have left the worst behind me and I know the best is yet to come. At times, forgiveness will make it easy to live, but letting go makes your mind forget things that hurt you the most. Learning to appreciate you is important. Don’t let someone else define what you should and shouldn’t do. Don’t call me a feminist but trust me we ladies tend to loss ourselves once we have a clique of girlfriends or boyfriends. We don't have to look up to anyone so as o be able to take the next step in life.

The day you realize that with time there is more to life than pleasing people around you then it is the day you learn what real living is all about. By consulting people on everything you need to do won’t really help you move forward. There is this famous saying a close friends like to use, “I jump and think of the consequences when I am mid-air”. With that philosophy she has achieved so much that only some dream to achieve at our age. 

It is the mistakes that the most famous investors and business people make in business that creates the empires that some we work for. Nothing is waterproof or air tight but by doing what we want to only do we perfect the art of doing and with that we learn to create less mistakes in our decisions.

Don’t be afraid to jump even if you don’t know what awaits you at the other end.  Consultations concerning your way of thinking will limit you to the other person’s limitations. And we all have our limitations, there is no one without. The difference is, my limitations are not your limitations. My shortcomings are not yours. So if someone offer you an advice on how to live, remember this, there advice is based on their own shortcomings. But a person who just gives you information, pros and cons, this is a person who you can work with in this journey called life.

I am in no position to advice you on the line to take. The course of your life I cannot map it for you, but by giving you pointers, a little bit of information on all directions, we brain storm together but you ultimately make your choice, then you are making the jump on your own. 

I am having fun as I write this. Reason, I am making a jump and I don’t know what awaits me at the other end. And I am having fun. Whatever comes my way, I will deal with as best as I know how and I am sure success is will be mine. After all, life is about taking chances and risks. There three kind of risk individuals, risk averse, risk neutral and risk lover. This is not limited to economics or finance but it extends to psychology.  This aspect is what determines the individuals we intent to become and I honestly think that risk lovers somehow always end up more victorious.

Information is power, I give it out to make a better you but I never give advice, it may fail to work for you and you end up blaming me and hence I loss a friend. That is the last thing I want to do. Losing you, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment