Tuesday 21 May 2013

THE 20S AGE



Sometimes being idle is not the best thing but at times it makes you reflect on things you could have done differently. It’s been barely a day since I was “fired” from my writing job because personal issues came in my professional relationship with my boss but anyway regrets are for later. 

Honestly, I cannot stand doing nothing. I am not used to being that way. So i come across some blogs in the twitter handle of Capital campus and get me in thinking, why can’t I not just concentrate on what I love doing most.

The problem is that it is not defined. I have not no idea what I should like doing out of my three favorite hobbies, music, blogging and researching. Well, research is out of the question because I am not doing the academic writing any more but the fun thing about blogging plus music is that they mix pretty well.

Enough about my day, so I come back to what we 20s people ought to be doing at the moment. Apart from the 12.50 Kenyan shillings that Safaricom should give to Kenyan which has been stated repeatedly as 40Million Kenyans to be given a million each and Safaricom keep the rest in the social media. I think we are very much on money oriented so much forgetting that to get that money you have to lay a foundation in something. Be it in careers, business or hobbies.

In addition, a British university is offering heavy metal rock music classes to the graduates. Economic times are indeed tough so what are as the 20s age group doing about it. I am in no position to start telling you get a job, I have fallen victim of these tough times. The jobs are so few the applicants so many. I have even a group of contacts I call the hustling group because for every interview I go I always end up meeting them.

So what do we do when faced with such difficulties, our hobbies become the next best thing to help us keep busy. Be it blogging, blog, you might get a mail for an award. Be it cooking mandazi, cook them at least you are practicing marketing, a great foundation. If you like to write lyrics and inspire us 20s in terms of poems or songs, do it. It may take 40 years for the economy to stabilize but at least you did one of your hobbies.

At the end of the day, waiting for things to fall out of the sky or engaging in immoral acts (I am not holding myself so righteous but there are things that are low) why not use one of tour many dormant talents to forge ahead. You never know where your break through may come. The university degree just gives you a better opportunity to become leverage in the world but it necessarily defines your career. It just awakes the creativity in you. It gives you the green light to go into the world with knowledge that is not restricted to the outlined careers available under your degree.

It is made to sharpen your creativity and make you a critical thinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment