Sunday 4 November 2012

THE GROWTH OF A NEW FRIENDSHIP



May be my new found passion of blogging is either making me lose track of time or maybe it is making me want to revive my desire for writing. A dream I used to have when I was in high school.

I mean as we grow up at times we lose track of our dreams. We forget, what i like to call “our first love. Our first passion” I mean after all, isn’t us who want to have mediocre friends, love and even life by how we think?

A new friendship was growing from the least expected person and place. He had a way of making me want more for myself. A friendship where I kept my identity and I didn’t have to lose it just to impress him.

With time, I realized I could make more of my life. He found me at a low point in my life. I mean my last relationship was pathetic. I would do things just to please him. I couldn’t even live my own life. Taking care of him was all i could ever do. And somehow with that I was content. Until he came along.

He showed me that if no one else can value my life at least I should value my own life. The ability to live, just for me. To at least be a bit selfish with my own life. He showed me not to accept less than what I bargain for. He gave me the power to have a bargaining power in my own life and relationships. This sort of reminded me of welfare economics. If you have something of value you want to protect and your opponent or buyer knows it, then you have a upper hand to bargain for a price to cover all negative impacts that may arise from the transaction.

Deep down I was like, “ is this just one of those people that fate just wanted you to meet?” it felt right.

Being with him made me realize my true self. He enabled to bring the best out of me. I mean the best friendships and relationships are those that brig the best out of you. They keep your identity. They keep you simple. They keep you true to yourself. Those are what I call good friendships.  He taught me a lesson.

A lesson about what true friendship is all about.

Xxx
Angy.

1 comment:

  1. thats a good read. continue blogging,looking 4wad 2 more posts..keep up

    ReplyDelete